Re: [IP] Amusement parks (was RE: flying with pump)

In a message dated 9/9/2002 7:45:03 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Lori, are you (or any other IP members) in ACE (American Coaster
> Enthusiasts) by any chance?  I've met several fellow ACE diabetics, but
> haven't met any other ACE pumpers.

I've always wondered if Katie should be disconnecting when she goes on
rollercoasters -- especially the monster one (when I'm there, I ask her to --
but I'd bet big money she doesn't when she's with her father).  It just seems
to me that there's a very real chance that the g-forces could cause the
"plunger" thingy in the cartridge to be depressed -- even just a little bit
would be quite a few units for her . . . Or am I unjustifiably paranoid???
Any engineer/physicist types out there care to comment ???

Pumpmama to Katie