Re: [IP] Re: Is anyone using U-500?

> Jan,
>
> My thought would be to mix to U200.   When I was mixing H/V, I used
> an empty bottle and measured as accurately as I could using a
> syringe. Then put both in the bottle and loaded the pump from the
> mixed bottle.

I would advise you against doing this. Insulin is an unstable
molecule and is dependent somewhat for staying power on the buffer
solution. You should contact and talk to the chemist assigned to the
U500 product at the manufacturer before attempting anything like what
you suggest. With U100 insulins it is a different matter. Those
insulins are made with dilution in mind and prepared diluent
solutions available that are compatible with their chemistry.

Michael