[IP] Re:pump & new security at airport

In a message dated 9/8/02 email @ redacted writes:

<<  They also asked
me to pause the pump action during take-off and landing to avoid
electronic problems for the aircraft. >>  (Talking about American Airlines)

Wow, I haven't heard that before.  Any aeronautical engineers out there?

The one airplane trip I had in the past year, the pump was not noticed, and
if the syringes were seen on the x-ray, nothing was said.  But I notice more
and more that when I go through a security check and someone notices the
pump, if I say it is an insulin pump I am often told about the friends,
relatives who wear them.

Linda Z