[IP] Posting on Kidney Stones

Hi Ruth,I am behind in my reading of the digests, but just read your
posting re kidney stones.  Yes, I have had them. (Twice.)  Yes, my BG did
go up, remarkably.  My guess is that my body treated it as an
"infection."  Very painful.  I had lithotripsy (sp?) done both times (I
had a stent placed the second time, which was removed 4 weeks after the
lithotripsy) which shattered them all.  (I had many.)I hope everything
goes well for you.Sally =o)--- Sally Dawson     IDDM for 38 of my 39.5
Years--- email @ redacted Ruth wrote:  5 Sep 02Has anyone on this
list had a kidney stone?  And, if so, did youexperience symptoms/ changes
in blood sugar before the pain hits?  I havemild cramping/ back pain
(feels like it's my monthly cycle, but it'snot), and this past week I've
had some major changes in my bloodsugar--generally, highs.