[IP] Re: airport and pumps

>To Sara's list I can add Pittsburgh, Orlando,
>Norfolk, and London-Gatwick (yay international!)
>9/11 (PIT is my home airport, and I've been to London

>twice, most recently in July).  I've also been to
>many of the airports she lists above, and many, many
>others pre-9/11.

And add Wichita, Cedar Rapids, Boston, Memphis and
Denver (my home aiport) to that list of post-9/11
airport travel.

I've been wanded twice - ONLY in the small airports
where they take security REALLY seriously (note my
sarcasm).  Both times the Wand-er told me I was sent
to the line because of my insulin pump.  No other
reason.  They let me go when they figured out it was a
pump.  In Boston (of all places) the only reason I was
stopped was because of my tweezers!  The guy glanced
at my syringes and put them aside as he went through
my makeup case.

If we wanted to rest assured that our nation is
actually doing everything it could, we would be using
the El Al security model.  Our airport security is
still lackluster.  Has nothing to do with the country
of origin - has more to do with the amount we are
willing to pay to hire educated people (wherever they
are from) to handle the front-lines of security.  A
small price to pay to be safe.  AND MY OBLIGATORY
DIABETES-RELATED COMMENT:  maybe Congress will mandate
an increase to BOTH Diabetes research AND to airport
security screeners pay! :-)

Do You Yahoo!?