  From: email @ redacted
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 5:14 PM
  Subject: [IP] flying with pump

  I have flown at least 10 times since I started the pump.  Each ariport, or
  even security person is different.  I have been pulled out of line and taken
  in a room to be searched, I have been waved through even though the metal
  detector went off, I have had to stand aside and wait for supervisors to let
  me through.  Each time is different.  I do carry a note from my doctor not
  only about the pump but so I can have snacks in places they may be
  prohibited.  I tell the guard before I enter the metal detector I have it
on,
  this usally helps.  I also warn them I have supplies in my carry on bag
  before they search it.  I guess I appear more honest if I tell them ahead of
  time.