Re: [IP] Pump and new security at airport

Pam-

I've flown several times since last year and the only airport that has really
given me any hassle was Puerto Vallarta and that was over the fact that I had
4 AAA and 4 AA batteries in my carry on! (so much fun trying to communicate
with the native spanish speakers and I don't speak much spanish!)

Several screeners have asked me to take off the pager, but they let me keep
it when I tell them it's an insulin pump and I show them the line going into
my waistband.  If you keep your cool and maintain a friendly attitude, the
screeners usually don't give you a hassle.  Just do as they ask (short of
taking off the pump - especially if you are connected near private places)
and they will usually not give you a problem.

FYI - I've flown in & out of Albuquerque, Baltimore, Dallas, Houston,
Orlando, Tampa, Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta (MX).

Katherine Nelson & MyHope (the pump)
dx T2 '86, T1 '96, MM 508 since 5/15/01