Re: [IP] Pump and new security at airport

I've flown several times since last year and the only airport that has really
given me any hassle was Puerto Vallarta and that was over the fact that I had
4 AAA and 4 AA batteries in my carry on! (so much fun trying to communicate
with the native spanish speakers and I don't speak much spanish!)

Several screeners have asked me to take off the pager, but they let me keep
it when I tell them it's an insulin pump and I show them the line going into
my waistband.  If you keep your cool and maintain a friendly attitude, the
screeners usually don't give you a hassle.  Just do as they ask (short of
taking off the pump - especially if you are connected near private places)
and they will usually not give you a problem.

FYI - I've flown in & out of Albuquerque, Baltimore, Dallas, Houston,
Orlando, Tampa, Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta (MX).

Katherine Nelson & MyHope (the pump)
dx T2 '86, T1 '96, MM 508 since 5/15/01