you wrote:
> They also asked me to pause the pump action during take-off
> and landing to avoid electronic problems for the aircraft.

ARE YOU F&*(ING KIDDING ME??!?!??!?   I hope you said not a chance in
hell!!!!  Ok, here is an extreme scenario, and in light of what is coming up
this week, probably totally inapproriate but then, so are the airlines
instructions to you.....

WHAT IF, if, during take off, the plane does a boo boo.  and ugliness ensures
in which you are knocked unconscious, but not quite dead....Your pump is
OFF...sure your survived the plane boo boo...but due to the length of time it
took to extricate you and get  you on an ambulance and all, you suffered from
severe DKA and maybe even DIED.

Do they tell pace maker wearers do DISCONTINUE the use of their HEARTS during
take off and landing...sure, no problem...i will just hold my breath for the
next 3 minutes...not a problem..hey am i blue yet?  can i let my heart pump

Ridiculous.........There is NOTHING in your pump that is going to interfere
with their stupid controls adn if there was there would have been 28 more
plane crashes in the last year simply from me doing my costomary preflight
ajustment to a temporary basal AS I TAKE OFF!.  Incidentally there is also
nothing in a cassette player that could interfere either...they just want to
CONTROL everything...well GOOD LUCK

hope there are no employees of US Air on IP...I am flying them in 2

Hey y'all remember what the armed forces policy was...Don't Ask, Don't Tell?
or something like that...Seems to me that ought to be good enough for us in
situations where our lives could be damaged by telling and NO one will get
hurt if we don't.  Like I am gonna wait in line for 30 minutes to get through
the initial xray and then volunteer that I am carrying sharp objects and
other contraband, resulting in a wand and pat down...

Sara who walks through the airports with a copy of Arianna Huffington's book
HOW TO OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT, just to see how many people freak out, and
who is just FLABBERGASTED that the airlines told you to SUSPEND your pump.
Since WHEN are they DOCTORS and are capable of telling US how to adminster
our treatment!!!