[IP] Re: question for the veterans.

> Since those BG tests at the doctor's office were always required to be
> fasting tests, I think many of the doctors treated those results as an
> indication of overall control. I think that "doing the best they could"
> applied more to urine tests.
> Tom Beatson

I always hated fasting tests. The lab didn't open 'til 7:00 a.m., get there
with no shot which delayed the 24-hr. cycle and then due to the lateness it
overlapped the following day's insulin which would upset that day's routine
as well. Then getting to the lab and having to wait in line (seated) 'til
they get to you cuz everyone else is there early too. It's about 9:00 a.m.
before you're done - then we'd go home, get my shot and eat. A few years
later we caught on to take the shot stuff with us as well as cereal, a bowl,
a banana, milk in a thermos, and spoon so I could eat on the parking lot.

In the beginning as a kid I was counting how many blood tests I was
getting - I watched a particular hole in the plaster as they drew it. Then I
lost count after 25 and they remodeled. No count. No hole. ;)

I once ran out of insulin and drove to the drugstore and waited on the
parking lot for it to open, went out and shot up, and ate. That was a tad
tooooo close. I'm sure I was married then.

Everybody is new to everything at some point, or else no one would ever
learn anything