Re: [IP] testing and treating kids without waki

I check Katie once a night (at least) and am able to check her glucose levels
without waking her up.  When she was first diagnosed, she didn't want to be
poked without being woken up, but once she got used to it she decided she
preferred to sleep through it.

I've never (yet) caught a low that was lower than in the mid 50s at night.
When I do (pretty rare, now that she's pumping), I've found that I can get
her to suck down a small juice box (4 0z -- 15 g of) carbs with just barely
waking her up . . .  I sit her up and stick the little straw in her mouth and
tell her to suck up the juice for me.  I find that she remembers about 50
percent of the time.

Pumpmama to Katie