Re: [IP] pump & new security at airport

In a message dated 9/8/02 9:12:13 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< > They also asked
 > me to pause the pump action during take-off and landing to avoid
 > electronic problems for the aircraft.
 Did you get any sort of explanation for this request? Did it strike you that
 the person requesting this knew what he/she was talking about? Has anyone
 else been asked to cut a pump off (Am not even sure how you would do that.
 Take the batteries out?) during take-off and landing? >>

I've never been asked to "pause" my pump. The only time any airline person
even said anything was when I was bolusing for some food in-flight and the
flight attendant said I wasn't supposed to be using my beeper. I told her it
was an insulin pump and she said: "Oh! Then please use it! We WANT you to use

Jan and Elvis