[IP] pump & new security at airport

I've flown twice since starting with my MM508, Pam, and the MM web site
had advised me to contact the airlines beforehand.  The airline's people
were very helpful.  They took the basic pump info (who makes your pump?
what's the model?) and had someone else from their (American Airlines)
office call me to verify the information I'd given them.  They also asked
me to pause the pump action during take-off and landing to avoid
electronic problems for the aircraft.  The pump has never set off the
metal detector for me, either, but if a search had been necessary I felt
good knowing I'd already let them know I'd be wearing the pump. Good luck
out there.jdx @15 in '68, ip '01  :-)