[IP] Re: question for the veterans

>Since those BG tests at the doctor's office were always required to be
>fasting tests, I think many of the doctors treated those results as an
>indication of overall control. I think that "doing the best they could"
>applied more to urine tests.
>Tom Beatson
>dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000

My blood tests at the doctor's office were always taken 2 hours after
breakfast.  Sometimes if we got there early we had to wait until the 2
hours were up.  Once or twice a year we did a fasting bg, I only remember
that because we got to go to the little restaurant in the medical building
and have breakfast after the blood was drawn.  I also don't remember what
were considered good bgs pretty much for the same reason that Tom doesn't,
they really didn't mean too much to me.  The doctor said if they were good
or not and insulin was adjusted based on what they were.

dx 7/1963, H-Tron Plus 5/2000