Re: [IP] Infusion Sets are Interchangeable (RE: Sticky Ultraflex Problem)

Scott was writing to Dianne about the Dis Ultraflex sticky problem and made
the comment about how the Dis Ultraflex II is so new and Animas does not have
them.  With the exception of the new MM Paradigm pump, ALL other pumps and
infusion sets are interchangeable.  They all come with the standard leur lock
connection.  My Josh, now 10.5, and pumping 2.5 years is on the Dis H-Tron+
pumps but for the last 1.5 years we have been using MM sets exclusivly.
First the Sof-Set Micro and now the quick Set (6mm).  We would love to be
able to use the Ultraflex as I like that disconnect better than the QS.  But
Dis does not believe that anyone really needs a canula smaller than their 8mm
(this is a direct quote from the gal who use to be our area rep so no bashing
please) and plus the fact we really like having the inserters.  Josh is
starting to try doing sites himself now, especially on his tummy and the
inserter device makes this much easier a quicker, for both of us!!!  I have
actually spoken with a gentleman at Dis in R&D about this very issue (canula
length and inserters) and he said that he actually had an inserter device and
was studying it.  This was over a year ago.

Anyway, for those of you who are fairly new at pumping or just didn't know,
all the infusion sets are interchangeable with all pump, EXCEPT Paradigm.

mom to Joshua