[IP] RE: - Sticky Ultraflex Problem

Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 16:25:12 -0500
From: "Dianne De Mink" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Sticky Ultraflex Problem

I recently started using the Disetronic Ultraflex infusion set and they
keep pulling out.  At over $10.00 a pop that's expensive.  Mostly this
happens when I'm outside walking or working and perspiring.  I tried
paper tape to hold it in.  No go.  I've never used any products to make
adhesive adhere better before (5 years) and don't even know what to look
for.  Any other advice from you atletic types would be appreciated.  It
HAS been warm out - in the high 70's and 80's - but it hasn't been a
problem really with other sets.  HELP. Dianne

I live in the Houston, TX area and we have 90+ temps and (at times)
equal humidity. My Ultraflex sets work great. I get 3-5 days out of each
set and I do a lot of yard-work and I also swim almost every other day.
I have had ~3 sets that started coming loose (with
perspiration/humidity) and I used 3M's Transpore tape (basic surgical
plastic tape). I usually always use Skin-Prep as well before I place the

Maybe check with Disetronic in case you got a "less than sticky" lot of
Ultraflex sets.

Nolan K.