Re: [IP] I need a carb guide book for a vegetarian

I have the best guide for all diabetics i think, it's calle   The
Diabetes Carbohydrate and Fat Gram Guide  by Lea Ann Holzmeister, RD,
CDE and it's put out by the ADA it has everything in it.very user
friendly.

>>> email @ redacted 09/05/02 10:45PM >>>
    Hi,
    I'm a vegetarian. I don't eat any animal flesh. I do eat products
with
dairy and eggs in them, but I don't eat eggs or drink milk by itself.
To my
own detriment I do love cheese. I can eat yogurt even though it has
gelatin in
it, but I have a real tough time digesting anything that has animal
flesh. It
first started with beef, then pork, then poultry, then fish.
    I would like a book that would show me carbs of vegetarian foods as
well
as convenience foods. It's okay if it has meats also. I also
occasionally eat
out at restaurants like Pizza Hut, Olive Garden, and EatN'Park. I'll
get
cheese pizza, pasta with marinara, and sometimes a good old grilled
cheese
with tomato, french fries, and cole slaw.
    I eat lots of salads, fruits, pasta, and various breads, I love
using
textured vegetable protein, but I eat too much cheese. Anyway, does
anyone
know of a really good carb guide book for someone like me? I don't have
a ton
of cash to poke and hope buying more books.
    Thank you,
    Cody S. Alderson