Re: [IP] Tracer 11

In a message dated 9/7/02 4:50:14 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Does anyone have any information on a Tracer 11 Glucose monitoring system?
Someone is going to give me one, but I've never heard of it before. >>

Golly! My first meter! (A long time ago ...) Even Roche admits it wasn't that
good. You had to drop a huge amount of blood on it, wait 60 seconds, blot off
the blood, stick the strip in the machine, then it took another 60 seconds to
give you the result. Tell whoever wants to give it to you, "thanks, but no

On the plus side, it did come with a video that told you how to stick your
finger and test. That's how I learned, since I was simply told to test, and
not told how nor given any direction in what to look for in a meter. It took
me one week to get up the nerve to stick my finger.

Jan and Elvis