[IP] Re: Pump Inventor

There was an article about him and the scooter device (the technology for which has also been used to help quadriplegic and others who have ambulatory difficulty) in TIME magazine last fall.  From what I remember he did not come up with the idea of the insulin pump as a treatment but invented the pumping mechanism that is used to pump set amounts of insulin through the tubing (I'm not sure if its the kind used by Minimed or the kind used by most of the other pump companies).

I don't think that he's really involved directly in medicine, if I remember correctly he's an inventor (and can afford to have that "job" because he's also a millionaire)

The technology for that "scooter" sounded pretty cool too...