Re: [IP] Flying w/backup H-Tron Plus pump

> Disetronic H-Tron Plus pump and was wondering how to pack my backup
> pump.  Can it just go into my carryon bag and be put through the
> X-ray
> scanner at the airport with no problems?  It will be in its case
> with no
> batteries in it.  I just want to make sure it survives the trip.
> Thanks.
> RoseLea

I use D-Tron and but had an H-Tron for 6 years, at times I travel
I use the case that came with the pump the one that is 10" x 13" I pack
all my supplies
and spare pump with out batteries in it. I place the case in a soft side
briefcase with the
other carryon stuff. It travels well and have never had any problems
putting it through
the common X-ray machines.  But request a hand check if they have one of
those new
luggage machines. You will know as they tell you can't put film through
the machine.
X-ray should not hurt carryon unless they X-ray them a bunch of times or
leave it in
for a long long time. That would probably damage insulin not supplies

John LaMaide