Re: [IP] Quick sets

email @ redacted writes:

> Well its the start of day 3 on my trial pump, and Not off to a good start
> this morning.  Its my day off(nice!) but I woke up early to show my mom my
> site change.  I had to take out my beloved silhouette and put in a quick
> set.  It took 4 attempts before it finally broke skin! It kept pushing down
> on my stomach but not entering, then I finally got it in and tried the
> disconect! BAD IDEA I just spent the last 35 minutes to get it back on.
> I'm
> sure I'm gonna have a large bruise after all that pushing on the site.  Its
> on now and its staying that way, i'll have to bathe with it on cause I'm
> not
> trying that again.  Still excited about the pump though but definatley
> gonna
> stick to silhouettes.  Has anyone else had problems with the quick sets or
> is it just me?
> Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
> Ps  my old site looks good, just a little red dot and a bit of tape.  I was
> worried about allergic reactions cause I'm allergic to bandaids, but it
> looks fine!

       The only hard time I had injecting the QuickSet into my skin was when
I forgot to take the needle cover off! (LOL)  It did take some practice to
re-connect after a shower, but after a few times, I just got the feel of it,
and now I can do it with my eyes closed, and for some reason it seems to be
easier to do when you just don't think about it.