Re: [IP] Re: Question for Veterans

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 00:17:42 EDT, Tammy asked:
>Was it Acetest?  Tammy [asked in the context of Clinitest]

Acetest was not a sugar test, it was an acetone test, a predecessor of the
current ketone tests. As I recall, it was a white tablet on which you
dropped one drop of urine. If it changed color (purple?) you had acetone in
your urine. I don't remember the exact relationship between acetone and
ketones, but if you had one you probably had the other.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000