Re: [IP] Eenie, Meenie, Minee, Moe, catch an insulin pump by the toe

> On 6 Sep 2002 at 19:45, Chris Jones wrote:
> > How does one choose a pump?  Does the endo say, I will support "X" but
> > not "Y" or "Z"?
> No reason for him/her to.  A pump is only a mechanical apparatus that YOU
will have to
> learn.  The Doc should only be responsible for getting you started.
Mostly it is the CDE
> that needs to be familiar with the pump, but there is no reason the CDE
can't be trained at
> the same time that you are.

In fact, other than what ever participation he may have in getting you
started (zero in my case) I don't see why the doctor even needs to know
which pump you have. They are all capable of providing what ever dosage he
might recommend.