Re: [IP] testing and treating kids without waking

> I do the same thing for my 5 year old.  I hold him upright and give
> him a glucose tablet and ask him to chew and swallow.  He does this
> and has no recall. Helen

If a patient (child) is unresponsive or not with it, it is probably
unwise to give them solids or liquids that they can aspirate. That's
what glucose gel is for. It is designed to stick to the inside of
their cheeks, throat, etc... and not be easily aspirated yet is
absorbs quickly.

Michael