RE: [IP] HoustonChronicle.com - Diabetics get break on hiring

Previously posted:
<<<Though I do wonder if anyone (other than me) has a problem with the
following statement that I copied from the web link that is above. "But
medical technology has changed so much that it is easy to control diabetes,
said John Griffin, an employment lawyer in Victoria who represented
Kapche>>>

Tavia wrote:
<<<I, too, flinched when I read that statement.  An employment
lawyer...should've read:  A NON_DIABETIC employment lawyer...>>>

Just to clarify - he is a DIABETIC employment lawyer.

"But medical technology has changed so much that it is easy to control
diabetes, said John Griffin, an employment lawyer in Victoria who
represented Kapche.

Diabetics now have insulin pumps and pocket-size monitors to check their
blood sugar several times a day, said Griffin, who was diagnosed with the
disease four years ago and uses insulin himself."

It is a pity that someone in his position would make such a blanket
statement. What's easy of one can be extremely difficult for another in
spite of the advancement in medical technology. Obviously he's not familiar
with YMMV (your mileage may vary).

Laura