Re: [IP] Bolusing for honey and syrup

At 11:41 AM 9/6/02, you wrote:
>I weigh the pancakes and use the info for carefully measured syrup and still
>get the spike...ugh!!!...extended or no extended......
>Beverly, Mom to Mary, NINE!!, dx'd 9/97, pumping with Animas and Nick, who is

But, an extended bolus does nothing for a quick (1-2 hour spike), it's use
as I understand it, is primarily for later spikes due to higher fat content
of foods and slower digestion of carbs.  I've not had any problems with
pancakes or syrup but I usually have a link of sausage with it.  Perhaps
adding a protein to the meal might help slow down the carb digestion?  YMMV.