[IP] IP numbness in hands

Hi friends,
Parts of my hands have been feeling like they are "asleep" a lot lately. It
started early last week with my left pinky and ring fingers and lasted almost
three days. That got better and now my right thumb, index and middle finger
are like that. Other parts have had the feeling come and go. Right now it's
awful because I'm a writer on deadline and having trouble typing.
I know this can be a sign of neuropathy. My blood sugars are in good control
and always have been. Could this be something else? And, to get it checked
out, should I go straight to my endo or to my PCP?
Any suggestions would be welcome.
dxed IDDM 9/92, pumping since 1/02