Re: [IP] Bolusing for honey and syrup

> > . For anyone that eats honey - > please let me know how you are able to
> bolus (& when) > in order to avoid the spike. Or do I just guess (as >
> usual)? > >

>I would like to know also what everyone does for syrup and
>pancakes.....even with an extended bolus Mary spikes very high..... Beverly

Why is anyone guessing for honey and syrup?  While the honey I get is from
a roadside stand and doesn't have the carb count listed on the jar,
consulting my carb book it tells me: 1tsp = 5.5g carb; 1 tbs. = 17g
carb.  Syrup should be right on the container, but in a restaurant where
the container is not handy, my carb book says:  1 tbs = 14g carb for
regular syrup.  I count the carbs and bolus as usual for both these items
and have no problems with them.  YMMV.  Pancakes can be different depending
on the density of them, if they're more light and fluffy or real cakey.  If
you make them yourself, check the carb count on the box for 1 serving, if
you're out in a restaurant, you might have to guess and/or consult a carb
book.  YMMV.