[IP] Re: Novolog--does anyone NOT like it?

At 04:46 AM 9/6/02, you wrote:
>I don't like Novolog for my son. It controlled his blood sugar well at
>first, but then he developed welts under his skin (that outlined his
>cannula) on two different sites. We used it four days and had two sites that
>went bad (welted) with it. That was more than enough for me. I guess he has
>some type of sensitivity to it. We're sticking with Humalog.
>Mom to Ryan (5 and pumping since 8/17/00) and Celia (8 and non-diabetic)

I had the same reaction to Novolog.  The red mark from the welts stayed for
a long time also.   For me, however, I think it also did a worse job of
controlling my blood sugar.  I ran much higher for longer periods of
time.   Humalog has worked much better for me.  Guess there are some of us
who have similar problems with the Novolog like those who had problems with
the Humalog.  It just goes to show that what works for one person may not
work for another.  And that's why we say, YMMV.