[IP] Re: help for Judy

I think it's understandable that your son is "scared as hell." I was too and
I was 30 at my pump start (it hasn't been a year yet so I still am). I think
it's important that he knows that he can change his mind without YOU or
others he's close to being mad at him. Who cares about the insurance company.
I would think he'd be more worried about others, such as you, being upset. I
believe all of the pump companies have a 30-day or so return policy. Also,
they can do loaners/trials before he gets a pump of his own.
That said, I was an extreme skeptic about pumping and I'm very happy about
it. He likely will be too. But he will need some time, space and
understanding during the transition. And, if he isn't happy, he doesn't have
to remain a pumper.
dxed IDDM 9/92, pumping since 1/02