[IP] Question for Veterans

I was diagnosed in 1965.  My doctor did not believe in
Clinitest.  We used some other test that I can't
remember the name of - does anyone else?  We used a
combination of urine and some other liquid in a test
tube, and then we put the test tube in a holder.  A
little pill was placed below the holder and we lit the
pill with a match, which caused the solution in the
tube to boil.  We then matched up the color of the
result to a chart to determine how much sugar was in
the urine.

Did anyone else use this?

By the way, I used to carry tes-tape in my purse to
check diet coke out of a fountain in a restaurant to
make sure there was no sugar in it.  Worked pretty

Do You Yahoo!?