[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #589

In a message dated 9/5/2002 5:55:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Subject: re: [IP] dot to dot fingers
> Someone asked why some of us are still doing finger sticks vs. using the
> arm.  I've heard its not as accurate in the arm, I've also heard there are
> certain meters designed just for arm sticks vs. finger sticks.  Does anyone
> have any reading about this type of info?
> Thanks,
> Tavia

Hi, I was just at the dr. and was told that when you suspect low sugars that
the arm checks are not recommended because they could be off. I don't bother
to use the arm checks because of that reason. Just what I was told by the
diabetes educator.
email @ redacted       Heather W.