[IP] Re:Re: highs---help!!

In a message dated 9/5/02 email @ redacted writes:

<< My daughter has been experiencing highs for 3 days now. >>

Oh gosh, I have had some premenstrual times when highs were very hard (maybe
impossible, as far as I could tell <gr.>) to control, as opposed to the
regular pre times when raising the basal and increasing the the bolus/carb
worked fine.  But my highs today I finally decided were because it was the
end of the novolog bottle and I hadn't been using it up as fast as usual (at
least till the last few days <gr.>).  Filling a new cartridge with the opened
insulin didn't improve things at all (only brought my bg down a little), but
opening a new bottle did.  I keep the opened bottle in a thermos, in the
basement, but it has been awfully hot here this summer.  I am wondering,
though, if novolog is more sensitive to this than humalog, with which I never
had any trouble over 4 summers.

Yeah, it had probably been progressive, but I've been sick, as well as
stressed, so there were just too many variables for me to notice that one
<gr.>.  So I guess it is time for me to make sure I change the bottle on a
schedule (at least in the summer).

Linda Z