Re: [IP] sharps containers

> it's really sad that cities don't have sharps containers drop off sites,
> don't you all agree?  the poor trash pick up folks are all exposed to us
> druggies' needles, even though we do our best to prevent sticks... hmm.
> there was a flyer i saw, for only "$50 a month" you could have a sharps
> container delivered with a "postage paid" return process included.  yup,
> bet I have the $50 a month for that....coffee cans cost $5.00 and YOU GET

makes me so glad to live in ottawa.  i'm within walking distance of a sharps
drop off spot at the riverside hospital.  i think most of the hospitals here
have the drop off boxes (big heavy metal boxes, not cardboard <g>) in an
easy to locate spot where you don't even have to park your car, just stop
it, get out, toss in the container, and go.   very quick, and very safe.  of
course, they ask that you only put the sharps in a plastic container no
bigger than one litre, but i've put in a 2 litre pop bottle full, and there
was no trouble putting it in the slot.