[IP] Basal adjustments

When I was diagnosed in 1965, I took 1 injection per day.  Later and on my
own, if I ate a large dinner. ice cream, cookies etc., I would add 5 units of
Reg. in the evening.  It was long before we were encouraged to do MDI.  My
doctor always said: "A Diabetic is his own best doctor as he knows how he
feels and reacts."  Later on (20 yrs) later, he said, "Well whatever you are
doing apparently is good for you since you have had no complications and have
never been hospitalized."  Never had complications until I had had the big D
for 34 yrs.  I have truly been blessed!  I can't believe any doctor would
insist on being called every time we needed a little tweaking.  Jackie P