[IP] Yesterday's Endo Visit--A Tad Scary

When I went to the endo yesterday, I got good news and scary news. My A1C was 6.3 and my blood pressure was okay-- 128/78 lying and
132/80 standing. but my albumin was 660.8 when normal is 0-29!!!  I'm not even exactly sure what this means. He started me on an ace
inhibitor called Mavik (?). The doc said he will see me again in 3-4 months and we will redo the blood tests and maybe do a 24 hour
urine test (which I've never successfully done since my water broke in the middle of the last one and a c-section isn't conductive to
bottling one's own urine).
I have a lot of questions.  I need to do more research about this, but bascially--what exactly is happening to the old kidneys?  Should
I stop drinking diet colas and only drink water? (The doc smiled and said I didn't have to) Why IS protein being spilled? Am I on the
road to serious problems? I'm only entering year 17 of being diabetic.
I guess the ghost of Steel Magnolias is haunting me now and I see myself collapsing and leaving my little boy with no mommy. Okay, maybe
a tad of an overreaction, but I don't know what to think!
I hadn't ruled out the idea of having a second child later on, but since both Mavik and my Paxil seem to say they aren't for pregnant
women, I don't know if I should give up that idea.
I was a bit depressed yesterday (more so than usual :(   )
If anyone has any explanations, tips, ideas etc, please share.

Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green KY
And I had just put Steel Magnolias behind me, too!!!