Re: [IP] Novolog--does anyone NOT like it?

--- Lisa Mattox <email @ redacted> wrote:
> I'm still on Humalog, but am going to ask my doc
> about changing after
> reading all of your glowing reports.  My
question:
> Has anyone who's tried
> Novolog NOT liked it?
For me Novolog has advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages:
1. can go 4 days with no elevated BS vs 3 days with
Humalog.
2. Using 1/3 less insulin (went from approx, 30units
to 20,
3. BS seem to be more stable (averages dropped 10-20
points)
Disadvantages:
1. Novolog doesn't seem to cover after breakfast highs
(waking BS are great,  basals seem to be okay,
increase bolus result in lows later,--- but after
breakfast can't seem to stay out of the 200's).
2. High BS in general don't respond to novolog like
humalog (once up there it takes a longer time to get
back in good range)
Any suggestions on disadvantages would be welcome.

Of course YMMV. meg
Any suggestions welcome.