[IP] Re: pills for ketones

> I do remember the ketone pills.  They were little
> white pills that you put a drop of urine on and the darker purple it
> turned, the more ketones you had.  I also used to use the Clinitest
> tablets.  I was dx'd in 1963.
> RoseLea

Those pills were Acetest tablets - to test for acetone in the urine. They
hadn't figured out ketones - yet. This coincides with the acetone breath
(fruity smelling, or like nail polish remover) associated with ketones. I
still have a bottle that had Acetest tablets with a purple label from Ames
(now Bayer) that I displayed at my BASH. (~_^)

If the shoe fits......buy it in every color