[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #583

yes, I used the tablets and then the test strips for urine.  I rarely
tested for ketones, cuz I figured, it is too high, that meant I had  to
take a little bit of insulin....  or more the next day, or exercise....
 I have had the disease since 1947...I was 6 3/4  years old.  Now I am 60
years old.  So far no complications.  Lucky?   Maybe so.  I have always
had ups and downs with BG, but have done insulin adjusting before  i was
told it was okay to do it.  In fact was told NOT to do it "without your
Doctor's advice".  I figured out I had to be my own daily doctor and then
ask my MD the questions I needed answered, or I would ask him to put me
on a different insulin that came out , ask for another BG machine, etc.
etc.        email @ redacted