Re: [IP] Basal tweeking

I interpreted a different message.
Do you test your basals?  With the ones they set?
I was to make adjustments with insulin/carb ratios.
I knew from higher Lantus doses (pre-pump), that I felt much better!  A 1:8
insulin/carb ratio seemed right, that when running high with less base, did not
feel well.  Going up 1/10th  during night as Dr. said helped.  I have upped 4
more hourly during afternoon by 1/10th and have energy!  (Had upped all days by
1/10 ea hour, it was too much so had to lower some 1/10th.)
My first 3 mo pump A1c had gone up 2 pts, but then, I had been running higher
than I should due to lowered basal rate & everything was an effort. I hurt too!
Will see what happens in 3 mo!
Guess, a little at a time in adjustment is best.
Experience is a necessary teacher.  Linda K