[IP] control solution

I, too, have never used control solution with my meters except when there's a
problem and I've called the company.  Just last month I visited my uncle,
who's a chemical engineer and owns a business that makes specialized chemical
analyzers.  He asked me about my meters, and specifically about control
solutions. He then very nicely informed me that it was extremely important to
conduct regular tests of the meters.  The calibration is different and doesn't
make up for not testing with control solution.  So I resolved to reform.
Haven't yet run a test, however. . .
Barbara Ziegler