Re: [IP] question for the veterans

In a message dated 9/4/02 1:22:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

>  I, too, began home BG
> testing in 1982 with Chemstrip bG strips cut into 1/3s to save $$, then
> compared the results to the side of the canister's color chart.

---------------                                        Jan I thought I was
smart in 1980 when I cut the strips in half! Being a Scott I always felt
frugal when I did that. I think most people today don't realize we did not
adjust insulin dose's whether we were 4+ orange or not. I can remember going
to play ball or skate when I showed orange. In the early 50's a blue test
meant more to eat yea! I recall the local corner store owner asking me who
the penny candy was for, as he looked over his glasses at me. You are right
it's not the good old days. Roger C