[IP] Question for the Veterans

I guess I'm a veteran...diagnosed in 1964, well before the glucose monitors.
I remember  having to do those urine tests 4 times a day and they were not
accurate as they did not measure current glucose levels.  I became totally
frustrated and probably stopped completely by age 14, 1965.  When glucose
monitoring became possible at home, it was like having new sight.  So much has
changed since I was diagnosed and it make me feel hopeful for children.  I
never knew how my control was back then...had blood work done several times a
year, but no A1C.  Now we have the tools to maintain decent if not great