Re: [IP] Re: question for the veterans

email @ redacted writes:

> When I was first DX'ed in 1977, I did urine testing with Clinitest tablets.
> I don't remember how long I used them for but it wasn't very long.

Did anyone out there besides me do the clinitest first with the 5 drops of
urine and 10 drops of water.....and then if that reading was the highest
(orange) you did another test with different ratio of pee to water?  I can't
remember the numbers but I'm sure I did it that way.  And we recorded results
in percentages 1%, 2%, 4%, 6%, 10% instead of 1+, 2+, etc.  Also when the
urine strips came out I was still told to do the clinitest tablet test
because it was more accurate.  I hated that, the strips were much easier.
Anyway, my renal threshold was waaaaaay low.......I was always getting the
highest readings.  I think that's why I hardly ever tested.  It was just too