Re: [IP] Dot to Dot finger tips

This recent discussion about how terrible some people's fingers look after
years of testing begs me to ask the following question:

How much of your finger tips do you actually use for blood testing purposes?
For example, I use the sides of the tip of my fingers down to about the
midpoint of the finger nail on each of the fingers on both hands.  By rotating
evenly on all ten fingers and not in the same spots, I'm able to avoid
callouses and other finger damage from repeated testing.

Are those who complain about damaged fingers not using some of the available
testing sites on the fingers?   Just curious.

> > > My finger tips always look terrible!!!!!!!
> >
> > I could stand how chewed up Katie's fingers started looking once she
> > started pumping and testing so freqiently.  The only thing that
> > improved my daughters finger tips was changing her lancets
> > frequently (once or twice a day without fail -- she tests 8-12 x a
> > day -- usually 10) and using a lancet device with a variable depth
> > setting on the lowest depth that got enough blood for her One Touch
> > Ultra without having to "milk" her finger too much (in her case, she
> > prefers the "sof-clix" lancet from accu-chek).

Do You Yahoo!?