Re: [IP] Re: Who uses control solution for meters?

In a message dated 9/3/2002 12:22:42 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> How many of you actually use the control solution for your glucose meters
> as often as the manufacturer suggests?  (once a week for Lifescan products,
> I think, and EVERY TIME a new vial is opened).

Ohmigod, I'm busted now!  What a bad pumpmama I am!  But I'm gonna come clean
because I bet (I HOPE!) I'm not the only person out there who (dare I say it)
NEVER uses control solutions . . . I think we actually did have control
solution for the first meter Katie got when she was diagnosed but that was
MANY meters ago . . .
Meters don't even seem come with control solution anymore when we get them
new and the pharmacy doesn't have them in stock . . . I guess I could order
them online somewhere . . . oh well, I'm sure a thousand bad things could
happen because we don't use control solution -- but sheesh, we're supposed to
use it with every newly open vial ?!?!?! With Katie testing 8-12 times a day,
that means we'd be using control solution every 2-3 days!!! I suppose I
should say that I'm going to mend my ways, but on this one, until I hear
enough good reasons why I should -- I doubt I will . . .

Pumpmama to Katie