[IP] Re: my tragic lancet story

Jim's point is well taken, though I've never seen a lancet cover that is
all that reliable.
Additionally, even if YOU know you don't have hepatitis or HIV or any
other blood borne pathogen that the trashman could get from a needle
stick, the guy who collects the trash does NOT know that. He doesn't
even know whose needle it was. Getting stuck could cause that person
great anguish as he decided whether to go through the ordeal of getting
treated with anti-virals and then worried for several months about
whether he had contracted a serious virus.
Proper disposal of sharps is not something we should take lightly. It is
for very good reasons that it is our legal responsibility to dispose of
them properly.
Getting off of my soapbox,