[IP] Kaiser Permanente No. Cal pharmacy's new fees for test strips

I went to my primary care Dr. today and requested a new prescription for
the FAST TAKE meter test strips.

Prior to today...my prescrip was for 200 and they have been free.

I requested 400 thinking I could avoid trips to the Kaiser Pharmacy
every two weeks as I test 10 to 12 times per day.

Well...according to the Kaiser Pharmacy...as of September...all test
strips, syringes, lancets...pump supplies are considered Durable Medical
Equipment and subject to a DIFFERENT co-pay than my "normal
prescription" co-pay which is, in my case, $10.

Kaiser Pharmacy split the 400 test strip prescription into lots of 100
each and charged me a 20% co-pay of $11.50 each for a grand total of

It seems quite unreasonable to me...what used to be free..,

I'll will need to go from strict control to much higher A1c's at these

Becky LaSpina
IDDM since 1957  - MM507c since 12/98