[IP] Kaiser Permanente No. Cal pharmacy's new fees for test strips

I went to my primary care Dr. today and requested a new prescription for
the FAST TAKE meter test strips.

Prior to today...my prescrip was for 200 and they have been free.

I requested 400 thinking I could avoid trips to the Kaiser Pharmacy
every two weeks as I test 10 to 12 times per day.

Well...according to the Kaiser Pharmacy...as of September...all test
strips, syringes, lancets...pump supplies are considered Durable Medical
Equipment and subject to a DIFFERENT co-pay than my "normal
prescription" co-pay which is, in my case, $10.

Kaiser Pharmacy split the 400 test strip prescription into lots of 100
each and charged me a 20% co-pay of $11.50 each for a grand total of
$46.00.

It seems quite unreasonable to me...what used to be free..,

I'll will need to go from strict control to much higher A1c's at these
fees.

Becky LaSpina
IDDM since 1957  - MM507c since 12/98