Re: [IP] missed basal and shower frolics

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:58:59 EDT, Sara SP wrote:
>when your basal rate is set to .1, you will get one click an hour...on the
>hour...as long as your shower isn't happening at the exact hour, it is no
>problem!.  You could time your shower to start at 10:01 right after the basal
>click, or be sure you are out by the top of the hour...or, you could say HELL
>with what time it is, I stink, I need a shower NOW, and give yourself that .1
>unit as a bolus...either way, you won't miss out on either the basal or the
>freedom of an unattached shower!

This info is correct. However, as a 508 user, I have found that if I have a
temp basal running, the clicks don't come on the hour and on the fractions
of an hour as Sara described, but rather, they come at times determined by
the time when the temp basal rate was started.

Tom Beatson
dx 1942, 506 1995, 508 2000