[IP] Re: Who uses control solution for meters?

Hello, all -

How many of you actually use the control solution for your glucose meters
as often as the manufacturer suggests?  (once a week for Lifescan products,
I think, and EVERY TIME a new vial is opened).  I rarely test my meter
because the control solution is VERY expensive and once it's opened it
expires very quickly.  Right now I have none and would have to get a
script, blah blah blah.

I just wonder how the rest of you deal with this issue.

Thanks & regards,
who would love to blame a not-so-good reading on an "off" meter!!