[IP] Insurance Fraud

I  want to complain about the other kind of insurance fraud. The unholy
alliance between the insurance companies and the Medical industry.

I just got an EOB for some lab work which shows that the non-insured charges
for the procedures is $100.10 but the negotiated insured charge is $19.37.
This is ridiculous - the lab is able and willing to profitably do the work for
$19.37 but if you are uninsured they are going to hit you for $100.10!!!!
That is a 5X difference!!! This is not a negotiated discount. It is pure
fiction!!!!! And this is not the only time I've seen such fictitious listed
un-insured pricing.

As far as I am concerned it smells like a conspiracy to make sure that you
only get the medical care and treatment that the insurance companies dictate.
If you don't follow the dictates of the insurance industry not only do you pay
for it yourself but you pay a 5X penalty as well!! This is truly a "hurt the
people most in need" sort of attitude. And it STINKS.